The keel of your kayak protrudes below the surface of the water and is often the first point of contact to obstructions like rocks, shell, tree stumps, and boat ramps. If left unprotected, scratches and abrasions can wear the keel of your hull over time and could eventually cause a leak and ruin your kayak. YakGuard is easy to install and is designed to protect the most vulnerable areas of your hull from scratches and abrasions, extending the life, and value of your kayak. YakGuard is not designed to replace a cart or trolley. Do not pull your kayak across asphalt, concrete or other rough surfaces to launch your kayak or canoe. Bumping up on a Boat Ramp is fine. It is designed as an on the water protective keel and hull guard against scrapes and cuts from normal paddling. Watch our YouTube installation video before you start. Surface preparation of your kayak is very important when installing YakGuard. All surfaces must be clean and free of dirt and high ridges. Follow the instructions explicitly and watch our YouTube installation video.
Excess YakGuard can be cut to 4 inch patch size pieces and used in emergency situations. Adheres to Polyethylene, ABS, and most plastics for emergency purposes with little to no surface preparation other than rinsing clean and drying. YakGuard is a proprietary co-polymer specifically designed for toughness and low coefficient of friction. The adhesive as well is a custom formulated adhesive specifically designed to work with Polyethylene surfaces.
Note: Heat gun and gloves may be required
- 3″ X 36″ YakGuard strip
- Powerful 3M adhesive
- Made in the USA
- Abrasion pad, alcohol wipe, and adhesion promoter primer included
- Instructions included
- Surface preparation must be followed from YakGuard instructions
- Excess YakGuard can be cut to 4 inch patch size and used in emergency situations. Adheres to Polyethylene, ABS, and most plastics for emergency purposes with little to no surface preparation other
- Proprietary co-polymer specifically designed for toughness and low coefficient of friction
- Proprietary adhesive designed for Polyethylene surfaces